Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Bringing in the New Year

The San Francisco Skyline Dec 31, 2013 
I am so glad that we have prayed out the old year and are stepping into the New Year! I am hoping that each and everyone gets an opportunity to look at what it is that each of us can do to make this world a better place. Why? Because tomorrow is not promised to any of us.

I recently lost someone very dear to me. Her Memorial Service was held today, Dec 31, 2013.
She was the Bubby I always wished and hoped for. Her name is Beverly Bateman Moore.
Beverly was one of the first women in the City of Beverly Hills to befriend me. Beverly, and her sister, Florence Vinet, are two remarkable women, who paved the way for so many women to find balance in having a family and a career;  Beverly worked in the Bridal Department, at GEARYS Beverly Hills, registering thousands of Brides from all over the world, for 30+ years!
Beverly opened up her heart and showed me so much loving kindness. She touched my heart, sharing her life's experiences, enriching my life. Beverly could bake some of the most delectable chocolates. She also knitted me the best Booties in Purple, Green, Blue; I have so many pairs over the years, and they're so comfortable. Made with love.

R.I.P. Beverly Bateman Moore. I will miss you.Thank you for your loving kindness.

Love & light,
Carla

No comments: