Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Dr. Maya Angelou - "A Song Flung Up to Heaven"

Guy B. Johnson & his Mom, Dr. Maya Angelou
"Perhaps it is just as well that you do not write an autobiography.
To write memoir as literature is almost impossible." James Baldwin Those were the very words that motivated Dr. Maya Angelou to write,
"I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings".

Marguerite Johnson - Maya Angelou burst upon the American scene, April 4, 1928.  Mother, Author, Poet, Dancer, Film Producer, Tony Award winner and Grammy Winner. She did it all before laying down with our ancestors on May 28, 2014.
Dr. Maya Angelou =
Strength, Courage, Wisdom
Dr. Maya Angelou attended my Alma mater,
George Washington Sr. High in San Francisco, CA
I love this photo of Dr. Maya Angelou, Oprah Winfrey and Gayle King +NASDAQ 

Dr. Maya Angelou's Autobiography
"I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings"

"When people tell you who they are, believe them." Dr. Maya Angelou

Dr. Maya Angelou
These are MUST READS written by
 Dr. Maya Angelou -
"I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings",
"A Song Flung Up to Heaven"
"The Heart of a Woman"
Video -
"Blacks Blues Black" (A Series of 10 -1 hour programs on the impact of the various African Cultures on arts/music/life -  episodes written and produced by
Dr. Maya Angelou on KQED, 1968)

When I read the book, "A Song Flung Up to Heaven", it took me places I'd never been before. As with all of Dr. Maya Angelou's works, I've learned and grown so much.

Thank you, Dr. Maya Angelou for all of the words of wisdom that you've shared with me as a teenager in San Francisco, CA at the beautiful Herbst Theatre. I really appreciate you sharing your brother, Bailey, and son, Guy B. Johnson's life with me, allowing me to ask how they were doing and knowing that I was sincere.
Those two men were so real to me - and I was only 16!
Thank you for being a light, shining so bright in this world. Words can be so healing....R.I.P. Dr. Maya Angelou . My condolences to Guy B. Johnson.
Love & light,
Carla

No comments: