Friday, March 21, 2014

Every Now And Again....

Every now and again, I have to take a moment to stop and think about where it is that I'm going, and how I got to where I am in my life right now. After reviewing my mental pictures, I realize once again that love is the foundation for which I built my life. And I also have come to the realization (once again) that one component to life is, it's a bunch of snap-shot moments.

I remember taking a photo with my grandfather when I was just 18 months old, at their place in San Francisco. Whenever I look at the photo, I can still hear my grandfather's laughter, when he picked me up and sat me down beside him for the photo. I was so happy and so full of love, watching my Mother take the photo as I leaned up against my grandfather, that that moment is forever embedded in my mind. You see, my grandparents moved out of that house when before I turned 2. So, when I was going through the photo album one day, I looked at the photo, and said, "Mother, I remember taking this photo." She said, "Really? What do you remember about the photo? You weren't even 2!" I went on to describe the house, the bedrooms, and she said, "I'll be darn! You do remember!" and we laughed.

What I remember most about the photo, and that day, was the feeling that I had in my heart. I could feel the love from my Mom and my Grandfather. They made me so happy until I felt light and free as a Butterfly!

I remember Austin being 18 months old, and 2 and now 19 years old. He is my Lion Cub, and he made me so happy and I feel so blessed to have gotten the opportunity to share snap shot moments in his life, whenever I could. (Thank you, Jah!)

Now I look at my little cousin Mya, who is 2 years old. She is a joy! The other day, she started hopping.
And I started singing,
"Mya likes to hop!
Hop! Hop! Hop!
Go Mya Go!
Hop! Hop! Hop! Hop!"

 And Mya was just a hopping as I snapped my fingers and clapped and sang her song. She was so tickled!- And so was I! My heart was so happy, and it felt so full of love.

I am hoping and praying that this little girl will have such loving memories of her childhood. I'm hoping that she will grow up and remember the love that she got from our family.

It's important to remember that children are a gift, and they don't ask to be born. We as adults are obligated to raise them with love and direction. We are obligated to instill in them morals and standards and guard their innocence. We are to protect them from harms way. So when the little people we call children, are adults, they too can reflect on the love that will carry them through thick and thin.

So, every now and then, when you get a chance to spend time with a little person, remember to treat them with kindness, and love. One day they too, will become adults and remember the kindness you've shown them....Truly, Carla

No comments: