Monday, March 24, 2014

Dorothy Irene Height - A Woman Who Comes From Strong People - UP! From Slavery to Freedom

Dorothy Irene Height & Oprah Winfrey =
WE are a strong group of People who are UP
From Slavery to Freedom 
 Looking back in time, and rediscovering things that I've read, reflecting on them,  and feeling so grateful for the gifts that our forefathers fought so hard for us to have today.
I realize each time, how fortunate we are to be living in this time/space/continuum.

I want to thank Google
(Larry Page,
Sergey Brin  & Crew)
for remembering the people in these United States, that have made a difference in so many lives!

Dorothy Irene Height, President, National Counsil of Negro Women,
Dr. John Hope Franklin,
Justice Thurgood Marshall,
Mary McLeod Bethune, Shirley Chisholm,
First Lady Michelle Obama,
Oprah Winfrey - my list goes on and on!

One of my all time favorite Super Heroes =
Dr. John Hope Franklin (March 24, 2009)
Dr. Franklin helped research information that led to
Justice Thurgood Marshall's land mark argument before the Supreme Court - Brown vs. Board of Education (1954)

Dorothy Irene Height & First Lady Michelle Obama =
WE are people who are UP From Slavery to Freedom
My list of people who have had a positive influence on my life
is at least 2 pages long (starting with my Mother and grandmother)
of all the people that I am grateful for making sacrifices so that WE can live in the USA and have access to the necessities of life;
A place to lay our head, food in our pantry and the need to remember that nothing in life worth having comes easy...
Love & light,
Carla

No comments: