Monday, November 18, 2013

Let's Practice Kindness - Shall We?

 I remember when I was a little girl, my grandmother would say, "You can get more with honey then you do with vinegar." My grandfather would say, "If you treat people with kindness, they might not remember where they met you, but they will remember how you treated them."

Those words of wisdom have truly been like a beacon of light in my world. I thank God for my grandparents, who have since laid down with my ancestors.
I'm so grateful for the quality time that they spent with me and my siblings, and the consistent love that they showered us with on a daily bases. I can still feel their love, and it warms my heart, and puts a smile on my face. Love. It's so healing.

When I feel like I've go so much on my plate, and not enough time in which to get everything done, in a timely manner, I put on some American Jazz guitarist, Wes Montgomery - A Day in the Life. Oh yes. And then I tune into my all time favorite, "Bumpin' On Sunset" - I listen to those rare grooves, and get things done. Try it. You might just enjoy Wes Montgomery as much as I do.
Love & light,
Carla

No comments: