Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Michael Jackson - R.I.P.

Today is the day that people around the world will celebrate the life of Michael Jackson. He touched soooo many of our lives in a positive way.
As far back as I can remember, he was a part of my world musically.

"Living Off the Wall". Wow. That album was amazing! He ROCKED!


Then there was the phenomenal movie/rock documentary, "Thriller".


I can still remember where I was the first time that I saw the video!

We were in Chicago for my cousin Cynthia's Wedding. Oh, my goodness!

We sat around and couldn't believe what we were seeing. It was amazing to see Michael transform from a young, handsome man on a date, skipping down the road - into this scary dancing machine! I watched it so many times until I felt as though I knew every dance move - didn't you?!

The city of Los Angeles, in conjunction with the Jackson Family, are giving us fans a chance to say good bye this morning. There will be a internationally televised memorial today at 12:00 noon a the Staples Center .

Well, Michael, you were loved by many. You will be missed by many.

R.I.P., my friend.

C

No comments: