Sunday, May 12, 2013

I'll Always Love My Mama

Every time that I hear that song by the Intruders, " I'll Always Love My Mama", it puts a smile on my face, and takes me way back. I remember as a little child, watching them sing that song on "Soul Train", and singing along as best I could. When I think of all the sacrifices that my Mother made for us, it makes me want to cry, because she made sure that we had everything we ever needed, never thinking of herself.

Mother and I in Cairo, Egypt, The Pyramids of Giza
Yes, today is Mother's Day, and I am wishing my Mother, as well as yours, a very Happy Mother's Day.
Thank you, Mother, for raising my brother, sister and I with integrity. For even having enough love in your heart to raise other people's children as well. Al, Sissy and I appreciate what you've done for us, and thank Jehovah God for you. (Grandmother, Malisa Caldwell Evans,(R.I.P.) laid down with our ancestors in 1984. Today, she would've been 100 years old. I'll always treasure her as well. I miss you, Sweetie!)

Since tomorrow is not promised, we must treasure each day that you have with your Mother, your family, your friends. #Try love.

.
Love & light,
Carla

No comments: